July 10, 2012

Seaside - Oregon Coast

We are on a family holiday (for Americans: vacation) and enjoying every moment.
I am also writing in English after a long time writing in Finnish. 
I hope the pictures will speak at least a thousand words more than my words...

On their way to the beach!

Seaside is a small coastal town in Oregon Coast.  It is possible to do day trips from Portland to Seaside, but we were offered a little cottage in the town so we are here for the whole week!


Portland finally got warm after the rainy June...but the weather by the sea is more cool and cloudy at the moment.  Last night we had fun on the beach nevertheless...just watching the sea birds and of course the ocean is wonderful!



The water is cold.  But you get used to it after awhile.  A bit like dipping into a hole in a lake in Finland mid winter :)
My legs look really white...I do not tan as easily as before, but really I am not that white.  It just looks like that!  And my pretty pink pedicure is not showing :(

I had fun zooming at all the interesting things one will find on the beach.  Colors abound!


Orange...


...purple...


...yellow...


...sea grass green...


...sand dollar white...


...sea bird brown...


....tiny pretty sea shell rainbow pastels...


...brown...


...boosted yellow dry grass...


...sea bird grey (my favorite)...


...more sand dollar white.

We did not find any whole sand dollars...I guess sea birds get to them before us and just trash them to pieces in the search of breakfast.


Beach climate is hard on the houses, but I found this weathered house attractive!


I am hoping to write more from the beach this week.  We finally got the internet to work and kids to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kommentin jättäminen on tervetullutta! Kuka olet, mistä löysit tänne, mitä mietit?